10 steps to a healthier you:
What can you do right now? Get a notebook and begin to keep a food diary, write down everything that you eat or drink for at least a week.
Why? Keeping a food diary makes you think twice about what you are about to eat and whether or not you are actually hungry.
Some of the factors that can make it hard to lose weight and keep it off:
- Over eating – comfort eating, or eating to try and get more energy
- Eating the wrong combination of foods
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Snacking, otherwise known as ‘grazing’
- Blood sugar problems leading to cravings for sugar and stimulants
“Losing 30 lbs or 15% of your body weight in the course of 4 – 4 months can be tough but ultimately so life-changing! My GP saw me she couldn’t believe the changes. I had fluctuating weight so long. Then she saw saw the ‘new’ me and was so pleased at the positive effects it had on my blood pressure and cholesterol…. I can’t thank you so much for your support and advice and social work! it’s really helped me to sort out my head and the life long problems of self esteem that seemed insurmountable. until I met you ” M
10 Steps to a healthier you :
1. Morning time : take lemon with warm water for a liver detox drink
2. Get fresh air or start taking regular exercise e.g Walking, yoga, pilates , or cardio exercise – use utube to help you find a programme if ££ is an issue. Just 30 mins a day.
3. Daily Skin brushing. Towards the ❤
4. Replace trans fat cooking oils for homemade ghee/clarified butter, coconut oil ( use just 1 tsp for adult meals- more for children )
5. Replace salt with Himalayan salts- use less
6. Dont buy herbal teas. Save ££ and make your own teas -try ginger & lemon, darchini, peppermint, tulsi, liquorice, or Japanese rice grain green tea.. use fresh herbs and spices- mint etc can be planted in pots for easy use.
7. Eat 3 meals a day – do not skip meals, finish with your evening meal so you leave 12 hours before your breakfast- buy locally sourced veg.
9. Increase water to 2-3 litres a day – thats just 6-8 glasses and includes any herbal tea drunk during the day
10. Go to sleep by 10pm and rise between 6.30-7am- eat breakfast between 7-9am