How can we re-balance our hormones?:
Limit exposure to disruptors:
- Avoid eating foods with pesticides – choose organic where possible- and cleanse non organic food in lemon and vinegar to reduce the impact of chemical sprays, pesticides and toxins. A simple cleaning spray can be made by combining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons baking soda in a spray bottle of water. Spray the produce and then wipe it off before consuming. The baking soda and lemon juice clean and clean without using harmful shop bought chemical products.
- or pour a tablespoon of any vinegar into a large bowl of warm water. Let the vegetables soak for a minute, and then rinse them off. This is an excellent way to make sure all one’s produce is safe for consumption. When away from home always try to wash thoroughly in warm over the sink to clean any vegetable or fruit produce. Make sure the water is warm, not hot or cold. Hand-scrub the produce while rinsing for at least 10 -20 seconds.
My Go away Pesticides Spray!
This natural spray is really simple to make and you probably have all the ingredients in a cupboard in the kitchen!- take a look :
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 cup water
Mix these ingredients until the baking soda has dissolved, and pour into a clean spray bottle. Spritz the mixture onto your fruits and vegetables, and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse the mixture off, and enjoy your produce!
- Use glass, ceramic, paper or non-pvc packaging instead of plastic containers (avoid heating food in plastic containers or wrapping foods containing fats in cling film
- Bamboo or glass are good for containers
- Avoid synthetic hormones in food and Soya products which can be harmful to health goals
- Choose eco friendly household and garden products instead of bleached cleaning products or make up your own using vinegar, lenon and ecover washing up liquid. use E cloths or organic cotton cloths for housework
- Choose bottled/filtered water over tap water
- Electro Magnetic Fields- Reduce these in your bedroom- home.
- Use a Quartz crystal to cleanse and restore balance QI energy in your home and reduce the impact of EMF
- Salt Lamps increase positive ions in the home- use in communal rooms.
- Use essential oils with filter or mineral water for spritzing the home- add equal parts oil e.g. lavender, lemon for cleansing and the remainder water. 20 drops to 500ml water.
What can we eat to balance hormones?
- Eat phytoestrogens which help to block the effect of excess oestrogen and regulate hormone balance according to need. such as beans and pulses, nuts and seeds, wholegrains, herbs and spices (cinnamon, sage, garlic); fruit (apples, plums, cherries, grapes); vegetables (broccoli, green leafy veg, carrots, rhubarb, celery); sprouts (alfalfa, moong- rich in B12).
- Eat essential fats: oily fish, nuts and seeds and their oils
- include fibre rich foods (removes estrogens)
- increase cruciferous vegetables
- Eat a low GL diet to balance your blood sugar
- Limit caffeine and stimulants
- If you eat organic meat or dairy
- Cut out alcohol
- Undertake a liver cleanse- Omega 3 rich oils, milk thistle (to help start your liver cleanse- Castor oil packing on full or new moon
Get in touch if you want further advice. Call or use contact form with your enquiry