Vegetarian / Vegan Beetroot and Bean Burgers
- 4 Shredded Beetroot
- 1/4 of Butternut Squash – shedded
- 2 cans Cannellini Beans
- fresh Sage or tarragon – 3-4 springs chopped and added
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp boullion or rock salt your choice
- 1 whole Lemon – press for juice
- handful of Cashew Nuts – optional unless you have a nut allergy
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum to bind ( Vegan Version)
- For the Vegetarian version – add the following
- 1/2 packet grated of Feta – optional if making the vegetarian version
- Egg – to bind
- Saute the Beetroot and Butternut squash and onion – add garlic, sage chiili of you want these a little spicy cook for approx 5 mins
- Crush the beans using a masher – Add to the veg. Add 2 tbsp olive oil or Coconut oil
- Place on a processor – blitz for 15-20 secs – Add 1 -2 tsp cumin powder,
- For Vegan option add Xanthan Gum to bind
- For Vegetarian version bind with an egg
- for both recipes – add the lemon juice.
- Combine the mixture into patty /burger shapes
- Fry lightly until golden on each side.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins on Gas mark 6 or 190C
- Serve with Salad or veg of your choice.
Beetroot & Bean Burger Toppings
Eat between a Grain Cob/Bun/Roll – homemade if you wish!
- Vegan Mayo
- Caramelised onions
- Grilled Courgette slices
- Red pepper slices
- Romaine Lettuce
- Wilted Garlic Spinach
These are a few optional toppings to have in a burger – You can get more creative .
Let me know of your try these out and how they turn out.