- 150g -200gm flaxseed flour- mill until fine
- 50gm – Pumpkins seeds ground ( add in place of xx 50gm of the flax)
- 1/2 mixed Ground Pepper & rock salt
- 1/2 tsp ghoor – optional
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary and fennel seeds (optional) these give the biscuits some interest !
- Approx 1/2- 3/4 cups warm water mixed with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp coconut oil
- Set your oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put all the ingredients in bowl and mix with your hands to combine to a rough dough. If it’s sticky, add a little more flour so it’s nice and smooth.
- Make a sausage shaped dough. Place in the freezer for 30 mins
- Take out of the freezer- slice the dough to around 3mm thickness
- Place on your baking sheet
- sprinkle a little flour,
- Brush the Crackers with a little water and sprinkle with some fresh and fennel seeds or pepper if preferred
- Transfer the baking parchment straight onto stone ware baking platter or baking sheet (use parchment for baking sheet)
- Place in the hot oven for 10-12 mins or until the crackers are slightly golden.
- Cool, then store in a tin for up to no more than two weeks.
These will be an ideal cracker for my hummus recipe or with a hearty soup
Having a little coaching can help you understand how might substitute flours or adapt a recipe for a preference. Get in touch if this is something you need for a one off recipe or for wellbeing. I will respond with some safe suggestions and wellbeing advice.