- 50ml natural organic yoghurt – or 30ml Chia seeds blended for a Vegan option and whisked with water
- 200ml tepid water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 500g Doves buckwheat organic flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate Of soda
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp rock salt
- Add the yoghurt, water, lemon juice, and two spoons of coconut oil into a jug and stir until combined.
- Rub some oil around the inside of a 1kg/2lb loaf tin and pre-heat the oven.
- Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda, honey , and salt into a large bowl and mix together well.
- Sieve into another mixing bowl to aerate the flour blend.
- Add the prepared yogurt mix to the bowl and stir everything together making a soft, sticky dough.
- Drizzle the remaining spoon of oil over the sticky dough and turn the mixture a couple of times in the bowl to encourage the formation of a doughy mass. Add Walnuts or seeds of your choice as an optional extra
- Tip the doughy mass into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Cover the tin with oiled tin foil creating a dome so that the can bread rise during cooking.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tin foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack. The bottom should sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool completely before slicing.
1kg/2lb loaf tin, parchment, tin foil, measuring jug and mixing bowl
200°C, Fan 180°C, 400°F, Gas 6
60 minutes + 10 minutes