This ritual can be used by any person regardless of faith to improve or increase a spiritual connection to the archangels who can be called upon unconditionally in their support of humanity and anyone who is in need of guidance or their support at any time.
I call upon Gabriel, Metatron and Ariel in my work and service to others despite the fact they are close to Christ and Mother Mary. I believe if our intention is clear, and we ask for guidance, support or clarity- they never fail to offer guidance and encouragement. Things can flourish and projects grow. The one thing that is certain is that they offer unconditional guidance as long as we are specific for what our needs are.
This is a ritual based on the continuation of “Pay it Forward” project that was started in 2010 by Irmi a New York based medium after she received the inspiration having watched the movie “Pay it Forward ” – in which the child actor invites the act of undertaking good deeds into his life.
By hosting Archangels, Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Metatron and Ariel – we assist them to continue their service to Humanity and Mother Earth in many ways.
HOSTING the ARCHANGELS is a lovely ritual which involves preparation before they are hosted in your home.
welcoming them in to your home…
When we welcome the five Archangels into our homes for their five day “visit” which begins after they are invited in – and after you have been asked or selected to undertake this ritual for 5 days.
This tradition originates from New York since 2010, by the movie Pay It Forward where the child actor invites some good deeds into his life.
If you believe in Angels like me, them you will know how amazing they can be when you have called upon them. If you have never done this, this is a great way to begin to and once you do this ritual you can call upon them again and again. By doing so , you will grow your love of these beautiful angels, and treasure the experience which can be done time and time again depending on your need.
Part of this ritual is to honor them for what they provide us on a daily basis. My sister asked me to participate, which is how I came across this particular ritual.
In my work I often call upon ArchAngel Gabriel, Mary Magdalene, Mother Mary, Guru Nanak Dev Ji and even Buddha. I have grown my curiosity for their help with the clients who come to see me for many years and they have never failed to help and support me in my work . I use them in my Reiki and Seichem and my Light Language or soul healing work.
However this ritual is based on a 5 day retreat and for communication with the Archangels identified above. I am always in awe!
What to do
Keep a journal for the 5 days, and write down the key “moments” .
You will discover unique messages as they will be received from the Angels over the days.- listen out for these or notice how there messages play a role in each days unfolding.
The Angels will be encouraging about each of us “stepping out of the box” to make it a truly personal journey that flows with the events and needs of the day and those around you.
Getting ready to receive them
There is some preparation involved ahead of the visit and a few things you will need for the ritual and your altar – A flower or plant, a candle, some sweet fruit, and place for the meditation altar (table) to hold the sacred items.
There is a welcoming prayer: You should think of 3 wishes (3 for the Earth, 3 your family and 3 yourself and record these clearly and concisely), – select the day and time of their arrival.
It is best to have some flexibility in your schedule and include a daily morning and evening meditation each day during the 5 days.
If you choose to participate, know that it will be an opportunity to ask questions and receive answers … e.g ask for guidance and receive direction … be given ways to help others. Be open with a full heart and be “present” as you move through these days for all that is being presented to you.
About the Visiting Archangels
The five Archangels:
- Archangel Michael – The Master and Protector of the Light; Male Archetype; Physical and Emotional Strength and Protection; Trailblazer
- Archangel Raphael – The Divine Healer; Guardian Angel Archetype; Physical and Emotional Health
- Archangel Gabriel – The Master Angel of Mercy and Compassion; Female Archetype; Care and Protection of Family, Home, and Pets
- Archangel Uriel – The Angel of Creativity; Assists in Creating Success in a Spiritual Way; Detachment from Results
- Archangel Metatron – The Chancellor of Heaven; the Prince of Ministering Angels; Assists on the Path to Enlightenment
What you need to do for the ‘Preparation’:
- Determine a date and time of arrival and departure.- or if you are setting it up for the first time agree this in advance. The Angels like to arrive at 10.30pm and leave at the same time on their leaving day.
- There stay for their five day visit, – arrange to pass them on as you begin and schedule this after the 5 days finish and then move onto their chosen person/people- chose 3-5 people. ASk them to select their 3-5 people before they begin as not to break the cycle.
- The time you select should be a time that you can greet them at the door when they arrive and can bid them farewell after the fifth day.
- Select the area and table to be used for your ceremonial altar. A small table in a quiet spot of your home is best, as you will want to sit in meditation near this spot each day
- Select the flower / plant, candle(s), statue(s) and type of fruit / Apple is a good as you eat it on day 5. A white flower is typically used; however, any colour will work, as well or a small plant with flowers.
- The candle you chose should be white (votive or pillar); you can chose to also have a battery operated candle available, if you do not wish to burn a candle while you are out or sleeping. or A church candle which has a longer burning time (150 hours)
3. Put in an envelope a letter with 3 wishes;
one for mother earth,
one for your family and
one for you.
Formulate your 9 wishes – be clear and be concise. Not too much detail – summarise a happy outcome.
4) On the sealed envelope, put an apple that you will eat only after they leave. Lay the envelope on the altar near your candle and white flower.
5) The house must be clean and tidy, much like you would prepare if you were receiving a house guest. or do this etherically to clear all things past or old.
6) You will need to send the instructions out to the next 3 people and make sure that you have their physical addresses for the last night so that the archangels will know where they are going on day 1.
Day before Arrival:
- Set up altar and light candle prior to the scheduled arrival.
Day of Arrival:
- Welcome the Archangels at the predetermined time by opening the door through which they will enter and depart.
- Greet the Archangels with the Welcome Prayer.
- Sit in meditation by the altar .
Welcome the five Archangels. When they arrive in front of your home at 10:30 pm,
open the front door and read this greeting out loud:
“Hello and welcome Archangels to my home.
You were sent to me from (name who sent them).
I am very grateful to each of you for your purity, compassion and for bringing peace to my home and the places to each of us who live within this home hold dear in our hearts.
I am very grateful to you for bringing harmony, joy and serenity to all of us.
I am ever grateful to you for fulfilling my wishes and working for us with humanity.”
From that moment on, the Archangels make things happen. It is recommended to regard the five days as a special time to find room for the vibration of higher energies to re-align many things. For some, this may mean you want to ask questions or find a quiet moment in your busy day to meditate with each of them. But remember, there is no limitation. TRUST!!! You can also ask them to go with you through the day.
Prepare the Welcome Prayer, Departure Prayer, and 3 Wishes (Mother Earth, Family, and Self). The prayers can be as simple or elaborate as your heart dictates. Simply welcome them and express your love and appreciation for all they do.
Inquire among family and friends for the next Hosting; provide information and schedule to those interested.
During their Visit:
Be sure to mediate morning and night – you can do this for as long as you wish or are able – remember to Listen! Love! Laugh! Learn! & Journal!
Day of Departure:
- Talk with the Archangels about their next Hosts.
- Write the Host’s names on a piece of paper, to be placed near the candle.
- Prior to departure, safely burn the paper and place the ashes outside.
- At time of departure, say the Departure Prayer as you open the door.
- Once they leave, safely burn your wishes and place the ashes outside.
- Eat the fruit from the altar.
- Set the flower / plant outside to recycle naturally.
- Check in with the next Host to confirm date, time, and process.
On the Last Day
On the last day of the visit, give the Archangels the names and addresses of the people you find who want to host them next. You will need to send these people the information and the simple ritual below and specify to them the day of the arrival and departure of the Archangels from their home. The time stays 10:30 pm, no matter the time difference. It is always the local time. With a complete day of 24 hours long, the Archangels’ visit is always five days and then they rest for five days, before going for another five day visit with a new host.
Closing Time…Ending Ceremony
When it is almost time for them to leave, write the names and addresses of each person you have asked to host them next. With your candle burn this paper. This action will pass their names into the Etheric for the Archangels to go to the next homes. Then send your thanks and love to the Archangels for all their help.
After They Leave
Burn the envelope with your wishes in it and eat your apple. It will contain lots of good nutrients and more for you to take in. Place the flower outside on the earth.
If you find you don’t have three additional people to Host? don’t worry; it will all work out as the universe provides in all ways! By showing a willingness to participate, and taking part, you are part of the whole and the result is more love in humanity, and peace and harmony prevails!
A little more on the Archangels
Gabriel – “My task is to guide you to fulfill your hopes and dreams, deal with your karmic issues and progress on the path towards harmony with all. This requires a balance between the active side of you and the passive side of you. I am the spiritual awakener who visits you in your dreams, bringing you fresh hope, intuition and new aspirations.”
Raphael – “I come on a pure spiral that flows from Father Sun to manifest all life on Mother Earth. It is the glorious energy ray whose nurturing warmth brings you joy of living, banishes darkness and enlightens your life and future. I aid you in making decisions, using logic and analytical skills, and taking action accordingly.”
Michael – “As lord of light and ruler of Mercury, my primary gift to you is communication and truth. I strengthen and protect you My Light dispels all darkness and falsehood from your life. My golden sword lights your way to truth, wisdom and freedom.”
Uriel – “Uriel is the Archangel of Wisdom, Illumination, Light and of the Sun. Uriel uses alchemy through the cleansing fires of purification. All old programming can be burnt away and all blocks within rendered down to ash. My energy empowers you, securing the foundation on which to build your new self. Collectively, my alchemy flames bring infinite possibility.”
Metatron – “I am the guardian of the Tree of Life. Both the base and the summit are your points of connection to the Creator and All Life. I guide you toward the sanctuary of the pure white dove of peace. Let your spirituality gradually become supremely important, for as you reach the crown, you grasp the secret wisdom of All. My twin angel, Shekinah helps you to secure your foundation in the earthly kingdom. As you reconnect with All Life through sacred geometry, you will send and receive Love and Light, magnifying it within your heart for the benefit of All Life.”
Ariel – “I help those who call upon me to recognize the sacred spark within Nature and all living things and beings. As an angel associated with Metaphysics and Manifestation, I can help you understand how to use the Law of Attraction, not simply as a tool to use for personal gain but for the advancement of all life. Look to me if you wish to awaken to a collective level of consciousness and manifestation, or for how to manifest peace, love and balance within your greater world. For, I can teach those who call upon me how to more purposefully create a bridge between Heaven and Earth; Spirit and Matter; Father God and Mother Nature; Yin and Yang. I often work as a companion angel to Archangel Raphael; the Archangel governing Healing.”
Remember : to give the Archangels the names and addresses of the people on the last day of their visit at your home. You should send these people the information and simple ritual above, and specify to them the date of arrival and departure of the Archangels from their home. The time (10:30 p.m.) stays the same, no matter the time difference. It is always the local time. The day is 24 hours long. The Archangels’ visit is always 5 days, and then they can rest for 5 days before coming back for another 5 day visit with a new host or back to you. The 5-day process of rest/visit/rest/visit continues as people pass it on.