Himalayan salts, rich in natural minerals. These have been used for centuries by my ancestors. When my parents lived in India, they lived close to the foothills of the Himalayan mountain range so they know all about the many benefits this salt has. My mum used it in her scrubs and skin tonics. Funny how things change. There was a myth in the 70’s that table salt was better as it had all the impurities taken out!!!
There are many things that have now been accepted from the east and this is one of them.
When the original Himalayan crystal salt stones were made, they naturally dissolved in the spring water from the mountains. I don’t know when it became known as Sole pronounded Solay , since Sole is derived from the Latin word for sun “sol”, and the liquid materialisation of sunlight, Sole means “liquid sunlight” or “liquid light energy.”
Drinking Sole water can help stabilise and balance pH levels in the body. It also helps flush out toxins, which are removed by the ‘ions’ in the pure salt and the trace minerals which act at a cellular level to pull toxins out. It can help to improve energy levels if taken regularly due to dense mineral content.
Himalayan Salt is considered the purest form of salt available. Hand-cut slabs of subtle pinkish salt are obtained from the natural deposits found in the Himalayan foothills of Punjab. Once mined, they are washed by hand, keeping them intact and unprocessed which is why it is known as the purest salt on earth.
Himalayan salt is naturally rich in iodine which releases a unique beautiful energy when soaked in water. Its Iron oxide that this salt its unique colour and has up to 84 trace minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium!
HOW DOES SOLE REMOVE TOXINS?
Sole is electrolyte rich these electrolytes are essential for vital force – helping kidneys eliminate waste and impurities . The electrical charge offer positive health benefits when drunk daily.
HOW TO PREPARE SOLE WATER
Sole water is easy to prepare.
Glass container – jar
Do not store sole water in metal containers.
- Fill 1/4th of the jar with Himalayan salt and rest of it with filter/ mineral water.
- Seal the jar
- Shake well and let it rest overnight.
- The following morning, you should see the water has dissolved – if not leave it a little longer
- Once dissolved – it is ready to be used.
Every morning, take one teaspoon adding 1/4 a glass or 32 ounces of water and drink it straight.
BENEFITS OF DRINKING SOLE WATER DAILY
1. Keeps the body hydrated.
2. The Electrolytes help energy levels and replenishes minerals and contributes to optimising health if eaten alongside a wholesome diet.
3. Provides vital vitamins and minerals: These are the building blocks of our bodies defense. Playing a vital role in the body repair e.g. tissues, healing wounds, boosting the immune system and strengthening bone mass. Himalayan salt is rich in 84 trace minerals and having it in the form of sole water makes the absorption of these minerals by body easier.
4. Clearer skin: Himalayan salt help us maintain healthy skin as the Zinc is used to repair tissues and prevents acne. Iodine and chromium help with skin infections. Sulphur keeps the skin surface clean and smooth.
5. Better sleep: Sole water helps you relax naturally and supports the parasympathetic nervous system – be Karma . The minerals support stress hormones e.g adrenaline, and helps reduce cortisone levels – promotes better sleep.
6. Improved digestion: Himalayan salt stimulate hydrochloric acid and certain digestive enzymes which support the metabolism of proteins and support the natural way to breakdown food. Also aids the intestinal tract and the liver to perform their digestive functions.
Use Home Himalayan / Celtic Salt treatments
Bath salts – see my post on for recipes for natural Salt Baths to indulge your sense of self care and a ritual of self love
Himalayan, Celtic salt, and “Real” salt and a must for your next shopping list
Salt therapy is a process which utilizes pure Himalayan salt to treat respiratory diseases.
A Neti pot can help using warm salty water to run through your nasal cavities to cleans them. Himalayan salt naturally kills bacteria and bonds with the contaminants to eliminate them.
Soaking in a Himalayan bath can do wonders to rejuvenate your skin. The chromium fights acne, zinc prevents scarring and sulphur keeps your skin smooth. The natural magnesium absorbed using a Himalayan salt can help soothe cramped muscles and softens tissues. For the most powerful detox result, make a Himalayan salt “brine” for the bath dissolving 1-2 pounds of Himalayan salt in a warm bath.
HIMALAYAN SALT LAMPS
The love my Himalayan salt lamps . They purify the air, attract the moisture from the air to evaporate negative ions that react with pollen, dust, dirt, pollutants, or allergens which carry a positive charge and neutralise them.
Please Share with people who might like to subscribe to my posts… thank you for your support.